Scrollbars should appear in the "Add New Data Source" window when it's too small
|Assignee:||Patrick Ryan||% Done:|
On the MetroBoston DataCommon the Add New Data Source window displays very small and does not show all the necessary fields such as Key Column and Key Type unless you know to enlarge the window.
If any window is displayed to a certain size where information is hidden can a scroll bar be added to show their is more information below.
Is this the feature we discussed in the Tech Committee call that should be a bug and not a feature?
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Subject changed from Add scrollbars to windows when they are too small to display all the information to Scrollbars should appear in the "Add New Data Source" window when it's too small
- Category set to Visualization Interface
- Assignee set to Patrick Ryan
- Complexity set to Low
Patrick, the window in question is accessible through the Data menu at the top of the Weave client.
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
The scroll policy works like you showed me but it looks very ugly. It scrolls the whole panel instead of just the add data detail. Is that what we want? I have attached two images showing the scroll bars and how they look when used.
No, that's not what we want. Just put the scroll on the right side of the panel. I believe it's a canvas or a box.
- Status changed from In Progress to Awaiting Feedback
Merged the change to master. It's a very simple change. Please verify that the bug is fixed.
- Status changed from Awaiting Feedback to Resolved
It now has a vertical scroll but not a horizontal scroll. I tried to add a horizontal scroll myself and it wasn't working. It doesn't seem worth it, so let's just call it resolved.
Also available in: Atom